Every home has electrical outlets for powering every kind of gadget. These outlets have become essential components of properties around the world. Without prise electrique, your home will not have the capacity of bringing energy supply to your gadgets.
We have created a buying guide that can help you make the right choice in selecting your electrical outlets. We have numerous outlets that come with stunning designs and functionalities.
Electric plug Buying Guide
Before you think of shopping for your outlets, you have to consider the following factors.
The type of outlets
We have two types of outlets; AFCI and GFCI outlets. You should know the kind of outlet that your property has. Identifying the AFCI outlets and GFCI outlets is simple.
- Arc Fault Circuit Interrupter (AFCI) outlets: This outlet protects properties from electrical fires. It comes with a tiny breaker, which can identify any dangerous arc.
- The function of the electrical arc is to generate heat with light framing, insulation, and the rest of the building materials.
- Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter (GFCI) outlets: This type of outlet protects people from getting electrocuted. It has a tiny circuit breaker for detecting any short circuit in your home.
The GFCI outlet protection can be seen in your kitchen, bathrooms, unfinished basements, garages, and water sources, including every outdoor outlet.
The AFCI outlet protection can work effectively in the bedrooms.
You should decide the type of outlet that suits your gadgets or appliances at home. Heavy-duty appliances need special outlets to work.
Know your home existing wiring/circuits
Before you think of installing your outlets, you have to know the existing circuit or wiring in your home.
Electric plug Tips:
- You have to know the number of appliances, outlets, and lights on your home circuit. Do not overload your home circuit to avoid overheating your wires in the wall.
- Ensure that every large appliance has its circuit for safety. You can run new wiring in your home if you want to install a new circuit.
- You have to consider the amperage of your home’s existing circuit. You should not use the wrong electrical outlet on the wrong circuit.
- You should stay away from installing 3-prong electrical outlets in places without ground wiring.
USB Electric plug
With the number of smart gadgets in our homes today, many require a USB port to help them with powering or charging.
For homes to be smart or meet up with these latest gadgets, you need electrical outlets that work effectively with USB. We have numerous types of USB outlets that can fit your gadgets. Do not use the wrong USB outlet for a gadget.
Smart Electrical Outlets
We have smart outlets that we can control for high-tech and convenient options via an app, smart devices, or our phones.
You should learn about your existing wiring first before you can think of buying any electrical outlet to install in your home.
You can prevent fire outbreaks when we understand the basics of using outlets and circuits together.