Candies come in all shapes, sizes, and colors. While there are endless possibilities for candy flavors, some are more exotic than others. This blog post will look at some of the most exotic candies. So if you’re looking for something new and different to try, read on!
- Aguaje Pulp Fruit Chews – These chews are made from the Aguaje fruit, which is native to Peru. The chews have a soft, pulpy texture and are filled with real fruit juice. They’re available in various flavors, including mango, passion fruit, pineapple, and strawberry.
- Dragon’s Breath Chili Chocolate – This spicy chocolate is made with Mexican chili peppers and ground-up dragon scales (yes, you read that right!). It’s said to have a burning sensation that lingers on the tongue long after you’ve taken a bite. If you’re feeling brave, give it a try!
- Japanese Green Tea Kit Kats – Green tea is a popular flavor in Japan, so it’s no surprise that Kit Kats also come in this flavor. These Kit Kats are made with matcha green tea powder and have a slightly bitter taste offset by the chocolate’s sweetness.
- Turkish Delight – Turkish Delight is a type of candy that’s popular in many Middle Eastern countries. It’s made from walnuts, pistachios, almonds, or hazelnuts that are chopped up and mixed with sugar. The mixture is then boiled until it forms a thick paste molded into different shapes. The final product has a chewy texture and is often dusted with powdered sugar. Turkish Delight comes in many flavors, but some of the most popular include rosewater, lemon, and mint.
- Vietnamese Cicada Chocolate – Yes, you read that correctly. These chocolates are made with real cicadas! The cicadas are first dried and then coated in chocolate. They’re said to have a nutty flavor.
- Indonesian Pulut Inti – Pulut inti is a type of sticky rice pudding that’s popular in Indonesia. It’s made by steaming glutinous rice and then coating it in grated coconut and brown sugar. It’s often served during special occasions such as weddings or births.
- Japanese Mochi – Mochi is a type of rice cake popular in Japan. It’s made by pounding steamed rice into a sticky paste and then molding it into shapes. Mochi can be filled with different things, from sweet red bean paste to savory meats.
- Peruvian Chocolate Truffles – These truffles are made with Peruvian dark chocolate, which is said to be some of the best in the world. The chocolate is combined with cream and butter to create a rich, decadent treat. The truffles are then rolled in cocoa powder or other toppings, such as nuts or sprinkles.
- Mexican Chocolate Cake – This cake is made with Mexican chocolate, a type of chocolate flavored with cinnamon and other spices. The chocolate combines flour, sugar, eggs, and butter to create a moist and fluffy cake.
There you have it! These are a few of the most exotic candy flavors and textures worldwide. If you’re feeling adventurous, why not try one (or all) of these? Who knows, you might find your new favorite candy!